|1. Scorpion||2. Highway 21||3. Takuey|
Motorcycle jeans are special type of apparel that are meant to meet the style, comfort and safety needs of biking enthusiasts. If you are on the lookout for the best motorcycle jeans out there, then this guide is going to give you complete information, based on which you can make an informed choice without regretting later.
Here, we will explain what motorcycle jeans, what’s so special about them, why do you need them, and what factors you must consider while selecting them. We have also given a curated list of best options available out there, shortlisted on the basis of their quality, comfort, reviews and pricing.
So, go through this guide and find an ideal pair of jeans that you must wear while motorcycling.
What Are Motorcycle Jeans?
If you look at the models of the 20th century, you will be able to see that the motorcycle and jeans go together hand in hand. People usually love to ride their bikes wearing denim jeans due to various reasons. Unlike regular jeans, motorcycle jeans are exclusively made for the bikers.
Motorcycle jeans are created with protection and strength in mind, and are often made of soft denim to give extreme comfort to the rider. These jeans also provide some kind of protection to keep the rider against abrasions, skin irritation, and discomfort. Thus, these are the best picks for bikers who ride their bikes frequently.
Motorcycle jeans are cool, trendy and very comfortable. However, the price of these jeans is slightly higher than the normal jeans, probably because of their specialty and comfort. It is a fact that young and enthusiastic bike riders love to wear these jeans a lot primarily because of the stylish look they create.
Why Should Bikers Buy Motorcycle Jeans?
Motorcycle jeans are as important for a biker as a helmet, or jacket. It saves the biker from a lot of elements, like harsh weather, skin abrasion, discomfort, etc. While wearing motorcycle jeans, a biker remains fearless and can go to any extreme to reach the destination.
These special jeans are created in such a way that they help the biker to achieve their goals with safety and comfort. The texture of these jeans is so strong that they can easily keep the biker safe in case of an accident. There are various reasons why a biker must buy motorcycle jeans. Some of them are:
- The thick material of motorcycle jeans save the biker’s legs from serious injuries during an accident.
- They protect the biker from extreme climatic conditions, such as severe cold or severe heat.
- They keep the biker comfortable during the rides, so that they can go to extremes to achieve their goals.
- Since the material is super soft, it keeps the biker’s leg comfortable and abrasion-free.
- Since motorcycle jeans are so good in quality, they are always of great use while traveling.
- The safety and security that these jeans provide are unmatchable with any other pants.
- A pair of motorcycle jeans will always protect the rider from accidents, climatic changes, rough roads, etc.
- The look of these jeans can make you look like an enthusiastic and eager rider. The look of the jeans is always a priority for the manufacturers, and no one is ever ready to compromise with the style of these jeans.
- The price of the pair of motorcycle jeans is slightly more than the normal pair of jeans for the material, texture, stitching, and quality. But these jeans not only provide safety to the rider, but also provide relief from any pain, skin abrasion, or injury.
All in all, motorcycle jeans are much better than the thick, plain cotton pants or the pants made of any other materials. The look of the motorcycle jeans also goes accurately with the rebellious nature of bikes. There are various reasons why you must purchase the best motorcycle jeans.
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Motorcycle Jeans
Now that you understand the importance of buying motorcycle jeans while riding the bike, here are a few factors that you must consider while choosing them, so that you can choose the best pair of jeans and enjoy your ride to the fullest:
The look of the jeans you are buying is very important, as it will make your style while you are riding the bike. Make sure it is stylish enough to make you look good when you are riding your motorcycle.
There are different types of materials used for making motorcycle jeans, most common being denim and leather. Other common materials include cordura, aramid, armalith, Kevlar, etc.
One of the most important things you must consider while purchasing a pair of jeans is its quality. Give attention to its material, stitching, seams and other parts to ensure its quality before purchasing it.
The motorcycle jeans are available in various price ranges. The price of such jeans starts at $50 and can rise up to as much as $500. The more you pay, the more you get, but setting a budget for buying motorcycle jeans is very important.
Therefore, there is no limit to the price. You need to set your price limit and choose the jeans that matches your set budget without compromising on quality, comfort, safety and looks. This will not only help you to find the ideal jeans that fit your budget, but will also keep you comfortable and happy.
5. Protection Features
The best motorcycle jeans will always offer protection to the rider in two basic ways: abrasion resistance and impact resistance. The safety is of utmost importance while riding a motorcycle. For that, some jeans provide impact protection while others provide abrasion protection.
Impact protection is mainly provided due to the designing style of the jeans, while abrasion protection is offered by providing proper weaving and stitching on the internal panels. The motorcycle jeans with both types of protection are ideal choices for biking enthusiasts.
If you like to ride your bike really fast in rough terrains or incomputable places, then CE-approved armor jeans will be the best ones for you. It will provide you with appropriate protection from any type of injury or accident.
There are various motorcycle jeans available with different fitting styles, such as tapered fit, regular fit, loose fit, slim fit, etc. Selecting the motorcycle jeans according to the type of jeans that you are comfortable to wear is essential. Some people prefer loose fitting jeans, while others want something that’s tight and snug.
Good fitting jeans will run for a long period of time as compared to the ones that do not fit well. Try them before purchasing and check if it suits you properly or not. If you are planning to purchase it online, then check the exchange and return policy of the website before placing the order.
If the right size is chosen, the fitting of these jeans is just perfect. These jeans are available in various sizes, so that the biker can be at ease while selecting them.
Whichever jeans you are buying, you need to find out the type and range of coverage that it provides. Most motorcycle jeans come with an aramid weave lining, particularly on the knee and seat areas. These are the parts that get most impact during the ride, or at times of collision.
The jeans that you buy must have coverage minimum at the knees and hips. But some brands offer overall coverage with full lining all through, or at least till the shins. However, full lining can make the jeans heavier and warmer than others.
The motorcycle jeans weigh the same as the normal jeans. Therefore, one does not need to worry about the weight of the jeans while purchasing them.
Therefore, before purchasing the best motorcycle jeans do not forget to check the above-mentioned factors to get the correct pair of jeans for you.
Are you thinking about selecting the best motorcycle riding jeans for you? Do you want to know which jeans have the perfect fitting? Are you in search of the best riding pants for yourself? Then these options will surely help you to find the best jeans for yourself.
Top 15 Best Motorcycle Jeans 2020
This Men’s Reinforced Motorcycle Pants from the house of Scorpion is one of the best motorcycle jeans of this era. The manufacturers not only prepare motorcycle pants, but have also expertise in manufacturing other motorcycle apparel such as jackets, gloves, helmets, etc. This is an American based company that has established itself as a well-known brand.
This pair of jeans is designed to wear in the city areas that have swift roads. The pair of jeans has all the features that make it specific for riding a motorcycle. All in all, it is a versatile option for motorcycle riding pants priced within $120.
- Traditional style of jeans with five pockets
- Available in all adult sizes
- Available in blue and black colors
- Fiber is 165GSM Abrasion resistant
- DuPont Kevlar fiber lining from waist to knee
- Warranty on the parts of the jeans
- The look of the jeans is plain, like regular jeans
- A little pricey
2. Highway 21
Motorcycle jeans coming from the brand name of Highway 21 are known to have perfect fitting, great looks and extreme comfort. The manufacturers have designed this pair of jeans in such a way that it can be used for riding any type of bikes and on any type of road.
The jeans provide extreme comfort because of its style and texture. The manufacturer provides a warranty on different parts of the product as well. It is provided with Kevlar panels that cover an area of almost 70% of the pants. This pair of 12 oz denim jeans has hip armor pockets that are easily detachable from the pants.
The pants have a belt loop that can be used for attaching chains.
- Available in Indigo blue color and black color
- Available in different sizes
- Built while maintaining EN1621-1 standards of protection
- The weight of the jeans is a little heavier than others
- The jeans are of regular fitting, as a result of which it looks like a 90’s jeans
Takuey has designed this pair of motorcycle riding jeans very smartly. The manufacturers have understood the need and requirement of the bikers, and has blessed this pair of jeans with comfort in all types of rides. The jeans also come with four protective pads for the knees and the hips.
This is one of the best motorcycle jeans in the market available at a very reasonable price of less than $60. The jeans are available in blue and black colors, and are made up of high-end breathable and anti-tearing features.
The pants are made from 12oz material of Stretch Denim, cotton and spandex, and meet European Union CE EN1621-1:1997 standards of protection.
- Perfect for daily use
- Come with detachable knee and hip pads
- Cheaply priced
- Stylish look
- Foldable design
- Easy to wash
- Pads are too soft, and they have to be removed every time you wash the jeans
4. HWK Waterproof and Windproof
This is one of the best motorcycle jeans from HWK that can be easily used during the riding tours. The texture of the jeans is waterproof and windproof, which helps you to ride your bike in any type of climate. The manufacturer is one latest established brand that provides the best quality products in the industry.
Made from 600D cordura textile, this is the best type of textile that can be worn during the bike rides. The knees and hip padded armors are also provided with the jeans, and it provides extra protection with the help of 1000D polyester cordura stitched on impact areas of the pants. The micro-mesh lining and reissa membrane of the pants make this pair water and wind proof.
The jeans have air vents that keep them breathable and cool in summer. For added protection, the jeans make you highly visible even during dark hours, thanks to its 5H Scotchlite reflective piping, hi-vis logos and silver-white threading.
- Easily adjustable near the knees, ankles and waist with velcro
- Have hip and knees padded armor that protect your knees and hips from any type of injury
- Both windproof and waterproof
- Best to use while touring
- Affordable price of less than $50
- Available in one color only
5. Takuey Motorcycle Riding Jeans
Takuey, the manufacturer of this product has designed these pants while keeping in mind the rough roads that the bike rides in. The hip and knee protector pads that come with these jeans have a lot of use, as they help to save the rider from any kind of injury during a crash, fall or slip.
The pants are available in black and blue colors. The manufacturer uses 12oz material of Stretch Denim, along with cotton and spandex. It is a nice buy under $60.
- The knee and hip protector can be easily removed from the jeans
- The knees and the back can be easily folded
- Anti-collision protection pads present in the pants
- Available in different sizes
- Stylish look
- Cheap price
- The quality of button stitching is not that strong
6. Takueuy With Protective Pads
This is one of the best motorcycle jeans coming from the brand name of Takueuy. The pants are manufactured in the US, and are available in different sizes ranging from Small to XXXL. Available in blue and black colors, the pants are made in such a way that the bikers can easily ride in any area.
The jeans are made at par with European Union CE EN1621-1:1997 standards, and the manufacturer uses 14oz material of Denim, cotton and spandex for its manufacturing. The jeans have Shirring Panel on the back of the hip and also in the knees, so that you can remain extremely flexible and comfortable during the ride. Hip and knee protection pads come with the jeans to provide extra protection to these parts.
- Comes with protective pads for the knees and hips
- Protective pads are removable and adjustable according to your convenience
- Anti-tearing, breathable, hard wearing and windproof
- Can be easily hand washed
- Affordable price
- No Kevlar layer underneath
7. HWK Cowboy Style
This is a wonderful pair of motorcycle jeans that you can easily purchase from HWK. The brand is one of the leading manufacturers of motorcycle apparels in the market. They have already made their way by producing some of the best motorcycle gear and apparels out there.
The quality of the product is worth mentioning. Made up of 1.1mm to 1.2mm thick genuine leather, it provides complete protection to the rider on roads. Relying on rust-free buttons and YKK zippers, the company provides lifetime warranty on the product. You don’t need to worry about fitting either, as it comes with adjustable inseam length and waist.
- Comes with lifetime warranty
- Made from 100% genuine leather
- Micro mesh lining that is ideal for ride in all types of weather
- Adjustable waist and length
- Cowboy style look
- Very cheap price at less than $20
- Available in color and design only
Coming from the trusted brand of Newfacelook, you can be sure that these jeans are made with the best quality denim fabric. The manufacturers ensure that their jeans are comfortable and the fabrics are of best quality. The processing of jeans is done by machines and the cloth has affine cut which will fit you perfectly.
The denim fabric used for making this pair of jeans is heavy and strong. The jeans have a protective lining that keep your legs, knees and hips protected during the ride. The hip, knees and thigh areas have extra protective aramid lining to give you an extra degree of protection during crash or fall.
- Strong build
- Perfect fit
- Hip and knee protector pockets
- Best quality fabric
- Protective lining all over
- Available in many sizes
- The price is a little high
- Available in black color only
This pair of motorcycle jeans from the house of OneDayMore is a very handy and comfortable jeans to wear while motorcycling or going to any other places. It is a straight-fit pair of jeans that fits the wearer properly as per the size chosen. The company is in the industry for many years and they are producing straight fit jeans which fit the waist and the thigs properly.
As the time is passing by, the quality of their jeans has improved, and with the increasing demand, people can find them in different sizes easily. It has protective aramid lining without any visible stiches on back and front.
Made up of high quality denim, it has a strong construction with double stitching. The aramid lining provides extra protection to the knees, thigh and hip areas. The jeans come with removable knee and hip protectors.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Available in different sizes
- Made with heavy duty denim with double stitching
- Free hip and knee protectors
- High quality zip and button
- Aramid protective lining for added protection
- True to size
- Priced under $50
- Little heavy in weight
- Plain design
The ScorpionExo Covert Pro Jeans from the brand of Scorpion is made of the best quality of material and are available in different sizes and lengths which can even be altered and made to fit. The company is making jeans for many years and knows the market very well. The company is known for producing best quality reinforced motorcycle pants out there.
The reinforced material makes the jeans last for a long period. They are available in two different colors and the designs are very good. Including Cordura 373 GSM abrasion resistant exterior, the jeans also have Kevlar lining for added protection from waist to knee.
Extremely durable with tear resistant properties, it also features an adjustable loop knee and hook armor pocket. The product is DOT certified, and comes with a warranty on parts.
- Fashionable look
- Perfect fit
- Adjustable hooks and loops knee armor pocket
- Available in different sizes
- Available in two colors: black and blue
- Traditional 5-pocket design
- Abrasion resistance and tear resistance
- The armors are not available with the jeans they need to bought separately.
- Expensive, as compared to others
11. Juicy Trendz
This motorcycle jeans from the house of Juicy Trendz is quality tested. The aramid protection lining used in it is of best quality and covers almost every part of the pants which helps to keep the legs covered. The knee, thigh and knee protectors that come with the jeans for free can be removed and adjusted as per the requirements of the wearer.
The grade A denim fabric used to make this pair of jeans is sturdy enough to provide protection from any kind of abrasion. If you are not satisfied with its quality, the company promises complete refund of your money along with shipping charges.
- Very stylish look
- Removable protectors
- 100% money back guarantee
- Aramid lining to provide protection from cuts, heat and abrasion
- Available in a number of sizes
- Available in one color only
- Little pricier than others
12. Fashio FF Denim
This Fashio FF Denim Motorcycle Jeans is made up of 14oz Denim fiber and 100% cotton. It includes Reinforced Kevlar protection on knees, thighs and hips to provide protection against cuts, heat and abrasion. Knee and hip pads also come with this pair of jeans, which keep you protected at times of crash and collision.
The folding design at waist, back and knee and ergonomic design allows flexibility and comfort during the ride.
- Very trendy design
- Best for everyday use
- Comes with free knee and hip pads
- Certified by the European Union as a motorcycle protection equipment
- Provides protection from cuts and abrasion
- True to size
- Available in numerous sizes
- Little pricier than others
This waterproof motorcycle riding pants from Takuey is the best motorcycle riding pants of its type. The material used is of best quality denim, which is very soft and comfortable to wear. What makes these jeans different from others is that they are water proof, which means that they do not get wet when you feel like riding in the rain.
For added protection, the jeans also come with knee and hip pads, which can be removed quickly when not in use or before washing. Made up of 14oz stretch denim, it contains 3% spandex elastic and 97% cotton. The back waist and knee folding design gives extreme comfort and flexibility to the rider.
- Comfortable material
- Stylish look
- Certified as the motorcycle protection equipment in 1997 by the European Union
- Waterproof material that will last for a long period
- Knee and hip pads are removable
- Comes with knee and hip protectors to protect the legs
- Unique design
- Ergonomic build
- Available in two colors
- Available in numerous sizes
- The price is a bit high
14. VNFOX With Protection Pads
This is a fashionable looking pair of motorcycle jeans made up of 14oz denim cloth, including 3% spandex and 97% cotton. Containing 6 pockets, it also comes with knee and hip protection pads. You can also remove these pads to wear the jeans for everyday use.
Available in three attractive colors and numerous sizes, they give perfect fit to the wearer and make the person comfortable.
- Made up of 14oz denim including cotton and spandex
- Comes with protective knee and hip pads to keep the person safe from injuries and stress
- Has armor to protect the legs from abrasion
- Available in 3 colors
- True to fit
- Suitable to be worn for a wide range of outdoor activities
- Little expensive, but worth the price
15. VNFOX Unisex
This pair of motorcycle riding jeans from the brand of VNFOX is made while keeping in mind the quality of material and protection of legs. The pants are abrasion-free and protect the legs from different injuries. It can be used for multi-purposes, which makes the pants very useful.
The jeans are best for trendy people who love to go with the current fashion. It comes with detachable knee and hip pads that keep you protected even during a crash or fall. When protectors are removed, it becomes a perfect pair of jeans to be worn for daily use.
The material used is cotton, spandex, and denim. The spandex helps in the elasticity of the pants and the cotton makes the pants soft.
- Fashionable and trendy pants which can easily go with the latest fashion
- Comes with protector armors that are used to protect different parts of the legs and knees
- The motorcycle certification equipment 1997 is achieved by the company for making these pants
- Suitable to be worn for different outdoor activities
- Comfortable to wear
- Available in black and blue colors
- Only 3 sizes are available
- Little expensive
1. Can I Wear Motorcycle Jeans At 40 Degree Climate?
Yes, you can easily wear these jeans at any temperature. They are made to make you feel comfortable in any climatic conditions. The waterproof and windproof features are present in many of these pants, which will help you to tackle with any kind of climatic conditions during the ride.
2. Are The Lengths Adjustable?
The length of the pants can be easily altered, according to the requirements of the person wearing it. The fitting of these pants is as per the normal jeans in the waist, and it is almost 4 inches longer in the length so that you can alter it as per your leg’s length.
3. In Which Size Should We Order Motorcycle Pants?
Motorcycle pants can be ordered in the normal size of your regular pants. They are almost same in size. However, it is always recommended to buy one size above to get comfortable fit, since you may need to move a lot during motorcycle rides.
4. What Is The Use Of A Size Chart?
You must have been asked to refer to a size chart before placing your order for a pair of jeans. It is nothing but a chart that you can refer to before ordering your jeans. Take your measurements at hips, waist, length thighs, etc., and refer to this size chart to know the correct sizes of jeans to order. This will help you to select the ideal pants for yourself.
How To Take Care Of Motorcycle Jeans
Now that you have selected the best motorcycle jeans for yourself, you need to take good care of them to keep them with you for a long time. Here are a few tips to keep them maintained for long:
- Never use any cleaning products on them that contain solvents, chemicals and bleach
- Refer to the washing label on your jeans to wash them carefully
- Avoid washing your jeans too often, as every wash may wash out some dye from it
- Always turn them inside out before each wash. This would maintain the look of the jeans and will not make its color uneven
- Remove all your inner armors, pads and protective gears before dumping your jeans in the washing machine
- Close all buttons and zippers to avoid damage to the fabric
- Use a mild detergent that is designed to gently remove the stains without risking damage to the fabric, material and membranes of the jeans
- Always wash your jeans on gentle cycle of your washing machine
- Don’t use any fabric softener on your jeans, as it may destroy its functionality
- Instead of putting your jeans in the dryer, let it drip dry in shade. Do not hand it in the sun
- If you have leather jeans, do not put it in the washing machine. Use a damp cloth to wipe off any dirt or stains from the leather jeans, or use a special leather cleaner to clean it
- While washing the motorcycle jeans, make sure that the water is not more than 30 degrees hot
Stay Safe And Enjoy With Motorcycle Jeans
So, in this guide, we have given you detailed information about why you need motorcycle jeans, how to select the best ones, and how to take care of them after purchasing. We have also shortlisted some of the best available options, so that you can compare and select the best one as per your requirements, preferences and budget.
We definitely hope that this review has provided you with helpful insights about selecting the best motorcycle jeans. Make sure you go through details about all the available options before deciding which motorcycle jeans to purchase.
Before purchasing your jeans online, you should also check the terms and conditions and the return policy of the seller, so that you can return it if you are not satisfied with it. One thing that you need to take care of is how to wash and handle the motorcycle jeans. Different types of jeans need different types of washing techniques. Therefore, do not forget to check them before purchasing them.