nexx xg10 purist
Nexx XG10 PuristColour:Black
Availability:Ships within 7 days
Retro Open Face Helmet
Let's go back in time. Stick with us, for this potted history of British motorcycling has relevance for this Nexx XG10 Purist. It's actually a pretty compelling story. Before motorcycle helmets were a legal requirement, the WWI hero Lawrence of Arabia would hit speeds of 100mph on his Brough Superior. No helmet, no protection, just pure gusto. Tragically, this combination ended up killing him when he came off his beloved motorcycle. The accident brought about the introduction of the first motorcycle helmet laws in the UK. Initially, helmets were no more than tin tops, but then came the 50s, when safety first collided with fashion. The period of the 59 Club, Father Bill and the Ace Cafe, brought with it iconic motorcycling fashion which is now enjoying a renaissance.
We told you we were going something with this...the heritage of the Nexx XG10 Purist lies in the 60s, with its styling harking back to these days of Mods and Rockers. Brutal simplicity of design, a perfectly hand-sculpted shell, finished with leather trim, beautiful stitching, iconic studs and a soft, quality inner lining. But, whilst the styling may be retro, the XG10 is bang up to date when it comes to protection. Without question, it's ECE 22/05 approved for the UK, DOT for North America and NBR for Brazil (supplied with an ECE sticker when purchased from our good selves in the UK). The shell deserves a special mention. It may look pretty, but it's a serious piece of protection. 35% stronger, in fact, than an equivalent fibreglass shell, thanks to its carefully blended X-Matrix shell of carbon fibre, kevlar, fibreglass and organic fibres. This blend also helps it to make it strong and super light, at just 990g.
Now, there's no point in having a beautiful scrambler, cafe racer or custom, if you're going to sit astride it wearing a bulky lid. No need, the Nexx XG10 Purist has been designed to be really compact. Nexx spent a lot of time ensuring that the design would allow for a small shell, whilst still retaining its safety credentials and it's paid off. The helmet looks fantastic and is deserving of its place on your head. So, if you're a Distinguished Gentleman, Miss Fire, or the next Father Bill and want a helmet which combines retro looks and state of the art protection, the Nexx XG10 Purist is quite possibly your new best friend.
- The X-Matrix shell is 35% stronger than a fibreglass shell, as well as being lighter and more environmentally friendly in production
- X-Matrix shell is made from carbon, kevlar, fibreglass and organic fibres
- 3 shell sizes: XS-L | XL | XXL-XXXL
- The XG10 is ECE 22/05, DOT and NBR homologated by Nexx, but supplied with an ECE sticker when purchased from the UK.
- Double D-ring to secure chin strap
- Soft anti-sweat and anti-allergic fabric lining
- Removable and washable inner lining
- Weighs 990g
- Peak available as an optional accessory (available to buy from ForMotorbikes)
Nexx XG10 Helmet Sizing
1. Measure the circumference of your head, immediately above the eyebrows and ears.
2. If applicable, allow some tolerance for very long or thick hair.
3. Use the helmet sizing chart to select your helmet size.